Monday 1 April 2013

For George Noman..

Over 1500 visits in the the last 30 days read the blog stats. Ok I thought,that means that no matter how small a number it might be there are people out there reading this stuff,who might actually LIKE what I'm doing. 
 So I thought maybe I could expand,and give this small but hardy group of sane individuals something else to read and start doing reviews. With that thought in mind I decided to ask my Facebook friends for some suggestions on what I could spend my hard-earned pennies on.
I sat back looking forward to maybe finding out about some new band,or a great old record restored...you get the idea.....
 
 
 
24 HOURS LATER:
have been out in search of the album that will have the honour of being the first review  on the GBS blog.I found it without too much difficulty-£5 in ASDA or £1.99 in Ross Records (or whatever your local second hand cd shop is called). Not some small-label limited edition then,or a multi-cd box set with book,dvd,badge, etc). No unknown band that I could claim to be one of the first to write about. Nope.Not at GBS.Oh no siree.
 No.After 24 hours I have a total of one suggestion.Yes that's right. One.
 
What I get is this:
 
 
 
 

For this musical landmark I get the thrill of revisting those dark days of 70's memories of ToTP et al,the sight and sound of this lot all over Saturday night tv shows -Rasputin,Daddy Cool,Rivers of Babylon-there was no escape from them.Now I have had to listen to them again. OK they are sort of pop classics,and there is a great story about them(like we thought he sung on the records anyway!),but this is just easy choice cheese for a party that I wouldn't want to be at.

Mind you-the M, as we never in a million years EVER referred to them as did release their cover of The Creation's Pop Art Classic "Painter Man" in 1978-the same year the TV Personalities releasd their first single. A few years later the TVPs would record their own take of the song. Makes you wonder where they got the idea.....

This album was suggested by George Noman. Thanks George.No I really mean thatI do,Honest.I promise I won't hold it against you.







MUCH

No comments:

Post a Comment