Wednesday 15 May 2013

GBS008-Paul Groovy's Head mixcast


Ok, here's the thing...this show was put together with idea of me voicing the links between some of the tracks-hey just like a real d.j-however....my mic isn't working so I can't record to the PC so no links....
All is not lost though. It gives me an excuse to write a new blog with the track listing and maybe stuff about the tracks(or maybe not!!),so I have uploaded it sans Groovy and it sounds GREAT...
So treat it like a radio station..TURN! IT! UP!  and get on and do something else-what that is is up to you.....
So now just click here..


..GBS008-Paul Groovy's Head



The Elastick Band-Spazz-ok as an opening track its not going to get me a job at ExpressFM is it?May not be politicaly correct but its a cracking song.
The Media-Back On The Beach Again-B side of their 2nd (and last) single South Coast City Rockers.Local heroes-saw them countless times at the Railway and The Rotary Club
.The Chords-British Way Of Life-Mod Revival classic from a band that deserved more
Night Of Treason-On Clockwork Orange Street-1st track from them in the show-from my favourite album of 2012 Gentlemen & Hooligans.
Morrisey-Irish Blood English Heart-I only own one Morrisey album,You AreThe Quarry,and I like this song-can't help but agree with the old boy sometimes..
The Stooges-Loose-imagine if I was at ExpressFM-" Welcome To Drive-Time-there's massive traffic jams in Fratton Road and this is The Stooges..."
or Alternative TV-Another Coke-"Morning..."..
Night Of Treason-Violette-another from the Treason boys-this time the tale of a Wartime Heroine...
Nikki Sudden-Green Shield Stamps-Do you remember Green Shield Stamps?A great song from a much-missed talent and friend..
The Seeds-Pushin' Too Hard-A rock and roll classic along with
13th Floor Elevators-You're Gonna Miss Me.
Night Of Treason-Gentlemen and Hooligans-title track from the debut album.Hopefully they'll be making a new one soon.
Carbon Silicon-Big Surprise-MickJones & Tony James return with my favourite song of the past month.

Back next Wednesday with what ever goes through my Head between now and then,as well as some of my favourite Portsmouth/Gosport bands like The Green Hornets,Emptifish,Red Letter Day and more in a slot called "My Town" X





No comments:

Post a Comment