Wednesday 27 March 2013

ELP,Genesis,Yes,Mud,New Seekers David Essex....

Hmmm.That list of names is not a promising start to a post I must admit,but it is a reality that I have to face.
I have decided that the opening of Do You Believe In Art needs to cover the time around say 1972 to 1976,the point where PUNK ROCK started to emerge).So I have loaded my mp3 player with a few hundred singles and some albums that I owned at the time,
The thing is.. as well as some of my favourite ever music from the likes of Slade,The Sweet,Bolan,Bowie,Mott, Sparks and Roxy Music I have had to include tracks by ELP,Genesis,Yes,Mud,New Seekers  and David Essex
.Do you not realise how hard it is to admit that you not only owned "Trilogy" by Emerson Lake and Palmer but actually enjoyed listening to it?That you owned not one but THREE Yes albums? Sure I also had albums by David Bowie,Roxy Music,Alice Cooper,Mott The Hoople,and Sparks, but I also owned Foxtrot (traded it in 1977 at Ross Records-got £1 for it,added another £1 and bought the first Stranglers lp-that was rubbish as well)
That alongside the pure pop delights of  Slade,Sweet, T Rex and assorted R.A.K label releases were such delights as the New Seekers doing Pinball Wizard,The Goodies Inbetweenies,Eddie Howell's The Man From Manhatten( Queen were the backing band) and Jasper Carrots Funky Moped?

Oh well its back to the days when a radio was my constant companion-like my mp3 player is today-for we shall have music where-ever we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment