Wednesday 6 March 2013

GBS 06-The Shuffle#1(1976 - 1978)



The idea is simple-I have loaded my mp3 player with 300 plus songs that I bought between 1976 and 1978-all singles,no albums.I didn't buy many albums then-it was all about the single for me.The only punk albums I bought on release were The Damned's "Dammed Dammed Dammed",The Clash 1st album(complete with red sticker to send off for the free" Capital Radio" E.P),The Jam's "In The City",and of course the Sex Pistols and "Never Mind The Bollocks". That was it.I prefered to buy those 7"-I got more music that way,and any way apart from the above most early punk albums were rubbish-I exclude the Adverts "Crossing The Red Sea" from this but I never actually bought the album at the time.
Anyway, player set to Shuffle mode,conncted to the laptop,audacity program running,time to press Play and see where we go....care to join me?




SPOILER ALERT
..so this is what the Player selected.....

1.       ATV Action Time Vision

2.       The Ramones Rockaway Beach

3.       The Members Solitary Confinement

4.       The Adverts Gary Gilmores Eyes

5.       Blondie Rip Her To Shreds

6.       John Cooper Clarke Psycle Sluts

7.       Eddie and The Hot Rods Teenage Depression

8.       Spizz Energi Where’s Captain Kirk?

9.       The Clash  Clash City Rockers

10.   Humphrey Ocean Whoops a Daisy

11.   Sham 69 Angels With Dirty Faces

12.   Snatch All I Want

13.   Wreckless Eric Semaphore Signals

14.   Max Wall Englands Glory

15.   Sex Pistols Silly Thing

16.   Jilted John-Jilted John

17.   Penetration  Don’t Dictate

18.   Spizz Oil 6000 Crazy

19.   Patrick Fitzgerald  Safety Pin Stuck In  My Heart

20.   Sex Pistols The Great Rock and Roll Swindle
I stopped it after the last track-it seemed like an appropriate place to end.The Sex Pistols had,by this point,reverted to what they were before Johnny joined in.A good time rock and roll band-if they had bought Glen back it would've been perfect. Hope you enjoyed it ,and I stand by all the tracks-I bought them after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment